Thanks to Karen at A Peek at Karen’s World for this idea. Karen has set a challenge to give ourselves 52 goals for the 52 weeks in the year, and I accept that challenge. Each Friday, I’ll write a blog post about how I’ve challenged myself each week and whether or not I’m sticking to my goals. Good, Bad and Ugly. (I have a feeling there’s gonna be a lot of ugly!)
Here we go (In no particular order):
Plan an outdoor easter egg hunt. Get a pedicure. Take my vitamins/supplements daily. Run a minimum of once every week.
- Write at least one blog post per week.
- End the year at least 10 lbs lighter than I am now. (Nov 10- So far so good)
Build a sandbox for the kids.completed June 5, 2011 Put flowers in backyard planters.completed May 28, 2011 Landscape front of house.completed June 4th, but needs weeds pulled (again… it never ends.)
- Learn to drive Standard, dernit!
- Get my sewing machine fixed.
Knit a dress for Julia.completed July 16, 2011. Knit a dress for Josie.
- Host a fancy adult (no kids) dinner party for girlfriends.
Read A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin. (update Nov 10th, finished book 5 weeks ago… mostly in love.)
- Read the paper every morning. (Not just the Arts section, either.)
- Work on my novel a minimum of one evening every week. (Nov 10th – I’m kicking ass – I’ve reworked my entire premise and it’s awesome!)
Paint the TV room and Dining Room. (Completed mid-October, looks amazing!)
- Have a LOTR day with kids.
- Watch Battlestar Galactica.
- Try a Zumba Class.
- Try a Yoga Class (Nov 10 – going to yoga tonight … probably).
- Read all of the New Testament. (Jeebus!… I’d better get on this.)
Take the kids to the Museum of Civilization. Take the kids to the Museum of Science and Technology. Take the kids to the War Museum. Take the kids to the Museum of Natural History. (completed June 25)
- Finish the legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess game. (our Wii is broken, so this might not happen)
Go Strawberry Picking with the kids. Make Freezer jam with the strawberries.
- Take a tour of Parliament Hill.
- Try to not hate golf (maybe just try golfing once more).
- Try one new recipe a month. (a REAL recipe – it doesn’t count if I make it up by myself.)
Make homemade yogurt. (Tried and failed. Will try again.) Make Cake Pops. (Completed at the beginning of November) Go horseback riding.
- Go hiking… like, real hiking. Up a mountain or something. Has to be at least a 4 hour trek.
Go whitewater rafting. (booked for August 11-12-13) Go on a family camping trip.(completed August 1st, 2011.) Bring someone dinner, just because.
- Bring someone flowers, just because.
Go Apple Picking with kids. Make Apple Pie.
- Buy a bike. Ride bike.
- Take the kids to Winterlude 2012.
- Go to Toronto Comic Con 2012.
Make Jonny Curry once a month.
- Take the kids to a drive-in movie.
- Take the doula course.
- Get family pictures taken.
- Finish (read: start) the kids’ scrapbooks.
- Donate blood.