Just for fun –
10 things you didn’t know about me, that you really didn’t want to know about me.
10. I have an honest-to-God coffee addiction. Moms often joke about coffee being their drug of choice, but seriously, I have a problem.
9. I have lots of blank spots in my memory. Much of my early teenage years, some of my childhood. Memories of grade school resurface occasionally and then I remember why I repressed them in the first place. I was socially derelict.
8. I could have an entire conversation with you, but if I’m reading or thinking then I won’t remember a single syllable of that conversation.
7. I really hate socks. Unless I’m working out, going to a wedding… or a funeral… I don’t wear them. Even with boots. Oh how my mother tried… I can be very stubborn.
6. I have constant earworms. You could even just say a word or two that reminds me of a song and I’ll have it stuck in my head and yours before you can say “annoying“. I hum and sing to myself all day.
5. I talk in my sleep. When we were kids, my friends used to think this was a great sleepover game. They’d ask me questions and write down all my nonsensical babblings. Just call me Oracle Erin. Also, they drew on my face and I would never make so much as a twitch. I have awesome friends.
4. My childhood nickname (affectionately) was Er-Head (pronounced Air-Head). ‘Nuff said.
3. I love watching people squirm. I take great joy in saying or doing things that provoke emotion – sometimes even negative emotion. I couldn’t give a hoot what people think of me, but I do enjoy making them think.
2. To fall asleep, I daydream before bed. I’ve done so every night since I was a kid. Sometimes naughty dreams too. But for some sad reason, I always end up falling asleep before I get to the good parts. Bummer.
1. I have something my friends lovingly refer to as foot-in-mouth disease. I vomit out my thoughts before they have the slightest opportunity to be edited. Some people call this “tactlessness” but I like to think of it as a positive thing, you know? At least you know I’ll always tell you the truth.