Thanks to Karen at A Peek at Karen’s World for this idea. Karen has set a challenge to give ourselves 52 goals for the 52 weeks in the year, and I accept that challenge. Each Friday, I’ll write a blog post about how I’ve challenged myself each week and whether or not I’m sticking to my goals. Good, Bad and Ugly. (I have a feeling there’s gonna be a lot of ugly!)
Here we go (In no particular order):
- Plan an outdoor easter egg hunt.
- Get a pedicure.
- Take my vitamins/supplements daily.
- Run a minimum of once every week.
- Write at least one blog post per week.
- End the year at least 10 lbs lighter than I am now. (Nov 10- So far so good)
Build a sandbox for the kids.completed June 5, 2011 Put flowers in backyard planters.completed May 28, 2011 Landscape front of house.completed June 4th, but needs weeds pulled (again… it never ends.)
- Learn to drive Standard, dernit!
- Get my sewing machine fixed.
Knit a dress for Julia.completed July 16, 2011.
- Knit a dress for Josie.
- Host a fancy adult (no kids) dinner party for girlfriends.
Read A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin. (update Nov 10th, finished book 5 weeks ago… mostly in love.)
- Read the paper every morning. (Not just the Arts section, either.)
- Work on my novel a minimum of one evening every week. (Nov 10th – I’m kicking ass – I’ve reworked my entire premise and it’s awesome!)
Paint the TV room and Dining Room. (Completed mid-October, looks amazing!)
- Have a LOTR day with kids.
- Watch Battlestar Galactica.
- Try a Zumba Class.
- Try a Yoga Class (Nov 10 – going to yoga tonight … probably).
- Read all of the New Testament. (Jeebus!… I’d better get on this.)
- Take the kids to the Museum of Civilization.
- Take the kids to the Museum of Science and Technology.
- Take the kids to the War Museum.
Take the kids to the Museum of Natural History.(completed June 25)
- Finish the legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess game. (our Wii is broken, so this might not happen)
- Go Strawberry Picking with the kids.
- Make Freezer jam with the strawberries.
- Take a tour of Parliament Hill.
- Try to not hate golf (maybe just try golfing once more).
- Try one new recipe a month. (a REAL recipe – it doesn’t count if I make it up by myself.)
- Make homemade yogurt. (Tried and failed. Will try again.)
Make Cake Pops. (Completed at the beginning of November)
- Go horseback riding.
- Go hiking… like, real hiking. Up a mountain or something. Has to be at least a 4 hour trek.
Go whitewater rafting. (booked for August 11-12-13) Go on a family camping trip.(completed August 1st, 2011.)
- Bring someone dinner, just because.
- Bring someone flowers, just because.
- Go Apple Picking with kids.
- Make Apple Pie.
- Buy a bike. Ride bike.
- Take the kids to Winterlude 2012.
- Go to Toronto Comic Con 2012.
- Make Jonny Curry once a month.
- Take the kids to a drive-in movie.
- Take the doula course.
- Get family pictures taken.
- Finish (read: start) the kids’ scrapbooks.
- Donate blood.